Sunday, June 28, 2009

Today's Verse


VERSE:
  "Then the righteous will answer him, 'Lord, when did we see you
hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink?
When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing
clothes and clothe you? When did we see you sick or in prison and
go to visit you?' The King will reply, 'I tell you the truth,
whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine,
you did for me.'"
   -- Matthew 25:37-40
      

THOUGHT:
  When we help those who can't help themselves -- those who have
gotten themselves in trouble, those who have been falsely accused,
those who are facing death -- we are helping Jesus himself. What
would Jesus do? He would be helping someone find God out of their
hopelessness and despair.

PRAYER:
  Father, please give me wisdom to see my opportunities to serve
your people as I try to help them understand your incredible grace.
In the name of my Redeemer, Savior, and Friend, Jesus. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If this blog has brought you nearer to God, please leave a comment. Share this blog to your friends too.