Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Today's Verse

VERSE:
  He who finds a wife finds what is good and receives favor from
the LORD.
   -- Proverbs 18:22
      

THOUGHT:
  Several great truths are taught us in the opening chapters of
the Bible. First, we are made in God's image, both male and female.
Second, we are made to be different (male and female). Third, we
are made to bless each other and be complements of one another.
Fourth, we are made to leave our families of origin and build our
lives together (Gen. 1:26-2:25). To find a partner for life, one
created by God in his image, is to find what is truly good!

PRAYER:
  Father, I thank you for your plan for my life. (For the
married:) I thank you for my partner in marriage and ask for your
help in blessing and fulfilling that person in every way. (For the
widowed:) I ask, dear Father, that you comfort my feelings of loss
and grief, and that you know my thanks for this special person
through whom you blessed my life. (For the single:) I ask that you
help me know the path for my life and use me to bless others in the
way that I live with integrity and faithfulness. In addition, dear
Father, please bless me with close Christian friends with whom I
can find emotional fulfillment and spiritual strength. (For the
divorced) I ask, dear Father, that you minister to my sense of loss
and that you use me to serve you and bring you glory. However, dear
God, I need your nearness to sustain me and comfort me as I deal
with my emotional struggles and unfulfilled hopes. In Jesus' name I
pray. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If this blog has brought you nearer to God, please leave a comment. Share this blog to your friends too.