Monday, June 15, 2009

Today's Verse

VERSE:
  Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or
hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword?
.. No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him
who loved us.

  -- Romans 8:35-37
 

THOUGHT:
  "More than conquerors." What a great phrase. In Christ, this is
who we are: "more than conquerors." No hardship, enemy, physical
disaster, not even death, can separate us from Jesus. Once our
lives are joined to Jesus, our future is tied to him (Col. 3:1-4).

PRAYER:
  Almighty God, I do not know how to thank you enough. Thank you
for the confidence I have in Jesus. Thank you for your gift of
grace. Thank you for your indwelling Spirit. Thank you for your
promise of heaven. Thank you for your love that has saved and
remade me. Thank you for assuring me that I will never be alone no
matter what I have to face. Most of all, dear LORD, thank you for
helping me understand that nothing that can happen in this world
has the power to strip me from Jesus' love. I look forward to
forever with you. Thank you in Jesus' name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If this blog has brought you nearer to God, please leave a comment. Share this blog to your friends too.