Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Today's Verse


VERSE:
  If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive
us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.

   -- 1 John 1:9
   

THOUGHT:
  Confessing our sins means that we view our sin the same way that
God does -- the same revulsion and disdain for them. This kind of
confession opens our hearts to the flood of heaven's grace (see
Psalm 51). God shares with us the sweet liberation from sin that
Jesus purchased at Calvary; and our sins are not only forgiven, but
we are purified. We are no longer sinners and the stain of that sin
is removed as well. We are clean, perfect, and without spot because
of God's purifying grace (Col. 1:21-22). Now let's live in a way
that is reflective of this incredible gift!

PRAYER:
  Father, I do confess to you my sins! Please forgive me for ....
(Please verbalize to God your own sins specifically in your
prayer.) Thank you for letting me be honest with you and share with
you my frustration and my sorrow for them. Please liberate me from
their power in my life and give me the confidence that you have not
only forgiven them, but that you have made me pure and holy. In
Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If this blog has brought you nearer to God, please leave a comment. Share this blog to your friends too.