Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Today's Verse


VERSE:
  Instead, you ought to say, "If it is the Lord's will, we will
live and do this or that."
  -- James 4:15
 

THOUGHT:
  While I like to have choices and I like to be responsible for my
own decisions, I am truly thankful that God allows me to submit my
life to his will and place my trust in him. The Father is at work
in me to do his will (Phil. 2:13) and to work for my best good
(Rom. 8:28). I gladly acknowledge that my plans are subject to his
will. I am appreciative that my goals and successes are in his
hands. I gladly proclaim that what lies ahead for me can be
summarized by one phrase: "If the Lord wills!"

PRAYER:
  Thank you, Abba Father, that my life and my future are in your
hands. Forgive me for the times that my plans are too full of
myself and not consciously dependent upon you. Thank you for
rescuing me from the messes I have made because of my failed plans
built around my own foolish arrogance. Dear Father, help me to
always gladly place my plans, my life, and my future in submission
to your will. In Jesus' holy name, and by his power, I pray. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If this blog has brought you nearer to God, please leave a comment. Share this blog to your friends too.