Sunday, June 14, 2009

Today's Verse

VERSE:
  Do not offer the parts of your body to sin, as instruments of
wickedness, but rather offer yourselves to God, as those who have
been brought from death to life; and offer the parts of your body
to him as instruments of righteousness.

   -- Romans 6:13
     

THOUGHT:
  This long verse boils down to a very simple message: We are to
glorify God by what we do with our bodies. We were dead in our sin,
but God has made us alive through our participation with Jesus in
his saving death, burial, and resurrection. How can we go back to
the hideous sins that master us and lead us to death? We shouldn't!
We mustn't! And with God's gracious help, we won't. Our commitment
to live for his glory and with the power of the Holy Spirit will
help us live for him!

PRAYER:
  Father, God of grace, please forgive me for the times in my past
when I flirted with sin. I know how much you paid to redeem me from
my sin. I know the power of Satan to use sin to entrap and enslave
me. Bless me as I commit to live for you, with Jesus as my Lord and
the Spirit's empowering me to honor you. In Jesus name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If this blog has brought you nearer to God, please leave a comment. Share this blog to your friends too.