Thursday, June 11, 2009

Today's Verse

VERSE:
  I delight greatly in the LORD; my soul rejoices in my God. For
he has clothed me with garments of salvation and arrayed me in a
robe of righteousness, as a bridegroom adorns his head like a
priest, and as a bride adorns herself with her jewels.

   -- Isaiah 61:10
 

THOUGHT:
  This is God's promise to his people after their Messiah comes
with healing and power to bless them with the Lord's favor. In many
ways, this is our promise as Christians. We do rejoice greatly
because God has delivered us from law, sin, and death through the
coming of our Savior and Lord. Because of Jesus' sacrifice, as
God's children we are clothed with Christ (Gal. 3:26-27) and given
garments of salvation and robes of his righteousness.

PRAYER:
  Thank you, dear Father, for making me righteous by Jesus'
sacrifice. Thank you, Lord Jesus, for paying the price for my sins
to give me life. Thank you, Holy Spirit, for cleansing me from my
sin and empowering me to live for God. May I, dear God, live in
such a way that those around me know that you have made me whole
and holy. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If this blog has brought you nearer to God, please leave a comment. Share this blog to your friends too.