Sunday, June 21, 2009

Today's Verse


VERSE:
  "Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed
down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your
lap. For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you."

   -- Luke 6:38
      

THOUGHT:
  God is the God of all grace! (1 Pet. 5:10). He loves to give,
bless, and empower. One of God's chosen ways to do these three
things is through us; he wants us to be conduits of his blessing.
Like the faithful stewards in the parable of the talents (Matt.
25), when we are faithful in generously and willingly using what he
has given us to administer, he blesses us with more to use to help
others and bring him glory. As we give, share, and bless, God
continues to supply us with more than we can imagine! (See 2 Cor.
9:6-11 & Eph. 3:20-21.)

PRAYER:
  Father, open my heart and help me be a more generous person. I
want to use the many blessings and resources, which you have
entrusted to me, to bless others and bring you glory. Please give
me courage to not be afraid to use what you have given me in ways
that are bold and extravagant in your service. I know that when my
heart is pure and I share your grace, I will never be able to out
give you! In Jesus' name I thank you. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If this blog has brought you nearer to God, please leave a comment. Share this blog to your friends too.