Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Today's Verse



VERSE:
  Humble yourselves, therefore, under God's mighty hand, that he
may lift you up in due time. Cast all your anxiety on him because
he cares for you.
   -- 1 Peter 5:6-7
   

THOUGHT:
  You've probably had a similar experience to this one. Someone
asks you how you're doing. At first, they seem interested, but as
you begin to share the burdens of your heart, you begin to realize
that they aren't really listening and aren't really interested;
they're just being polite. Most people have so many burdens they
simply don't know what to do with more. Our Father in heaven,
however, says "Cast all your anxieties on me. You can share all of
them with me, because I genuinely care for you."

PRAYER:
  Father, I have been blessed in so many ways. Thank you so very
much. I do have some really burdensome things, however, that
trouble me. Please do with the following concerns what is best for
each of the people involved and what brings you the most glory.
(Please share your burdens and concerns with the Lord.) I thank you
for listening to my words and my heart. In Jesus' name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If this blog has brought you nearer to God, please leave a comment. Share this blog to your friends too.