Sunday, May 3, 2009

Today's Verse


VERSE:
  Hatred stirs up dissension, but love covers over all wrongs.

   -- Proverbs 10:12
    

THOUGHT:
  Our worst tendencies want to repay evil with evil, spite for
spite, pettiness with pettiness, and hatred with hatred. God has
always wanted his people to be the redemptive influence in their
world, society, and relationships. Paul reminded the Christians in
Rome to "not repay evil with evil" (Rom. 12:17). Here, God's wise
man teaches us a similar truth. Love removes the teeth out of
difficult situations, while hatred only turns up the flames of
bitterness and hate. We're called to be a different kind of people
that leave the world a better place. It isn't always easy, but it
is always powerful.

PRAYER:
  Father, I confess that when I'm wronged it makes me angry and
I'm tempted to strike back in kind. Please, remove the baser side
of my character through the cleansing and redeeming influence of
your Holy Spirit and the love your Spirit inspires. In Jesus' name
I pray. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If this blog has brought you nearer to God, please leave a comment. Share this blog to your friends too.