Sunday, May 17, 2009

Today's Verse



VERSE:
  My son, do not forget my teaching, but keep my commands in your
heart, for they will prolong your life many years and bring you
prosperity.
   -- Proverbs 3:1-2
      

THOUGHT:
  Those who are older are not as respected in Western cultures
today as they once were and as they are in other cultures. The
Bible repeatedly reminds us of our NEED to honor those who are
godly and who have gone before us. Whether the father behind this
passage is the physical father of the person receiving instruction
or is the teacher of this student seeking wisdom, either way the
principle is the same. We have much to learn and much to gain from
heeding the voice of those who have served God for many years and
have proved themselves wise and faithful.

PRAYER:
  Loving God and Almighty Father, thank you for those wise people
in my life who have shared your wisdom and their experience with
me. Please help them know how much I appreciate their investment of
love and guidance in me and please use me to do the same for those
who come after me. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If this blog has brought you nearer to God, please leave a comment. Share this blog to your friends too.