Thursday, May 14, 2009

Today's Verse

VERSE:
  "You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be
hidden."
   -- Matthew 5:14
     

THOUGHT:
  Darkness dominates our world. Despite appearances, darkness
controls much of what is said and how it is viewed by the world.
When people live for Christ, they will be noticed. Their allegiance
to Jesus and his righteousness cannot be ignored. So what are we
going to do with that light? Are others going to see and be drawn
to our Father in Heaven who sent his Son as Savior? Or, are they
going to reject the way of Christ because our walk is all talk and
not much service? Let's let them see God's grace through our lives
so they will come to know the Savior!

PRAYER:
  Holy and Righteous Father, thank you for your grace that saved
me. Please help me reflect your character and grace in all that I
do so that when folks notice me and know of my Christian
commitment, they will glorify you because of the service they have
seen. In Jesus name I pray. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If this blog has brought you nearer to God, please leave a comment. Share this blog to your friends too.