Saturday, May 9, 2009

Today's Verse

VERSE:
  However, as it is written: "No eye has seen, no ear has heard,
no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love
him."
   -- 1 Corinthians 2:9
      

THOUGHT:
  Kids look forward to Christmas, Disneyland, and summer vacation.
They imagine how great those things could be. Christians look
forward to heaven and dream of seeing the Lord face to face, of
being reunited with those we love who have gone home to the Lord
before us, and of sharing in the glory of Jesus and his angels. But
we can't even begin to imagine the great things that God has
prepared for us. They are far more glorious than anything we can
dream or imagine. So let's anticipate being surprised and live with
passion for the cause of the Kingdom knowing that any loss, any
wound, any trouble, will "not be worth comparing to the glory to be
revealed in us" (Rom. 8:18).

PRAYER:
  Thank you, Father, for preparing a place of glory for me with
you in heaven. I believe it is far greater than anything I could
ever imagine. Thank you, Jesus, for going back to heaven to prepare
that place for me. I look forward to the day I stand in your
presence and praise you with the angels. In Jesus' name I praise
and thank you. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If this blog has brought you nearer to God, please leave a comment. Share this blog to your friends too.