Sunday, May 10, 2009

Today's Verse


VERSE:
  He who heeds discipline shows the way to life, but whoever
ignores correction leads others astray.
   -- Proverbs 10:17
      

THOUGHT:
  Discipline is not only important to us, but also to those who
are influenced by our actions. So often we undervalue the impact of
our personal decisions on others. But God has placed each of us in
a circle of influence to be a blessing and a redemptive influence
for those around us. To choose what is foolish, to ignore godly
correction, not only jeopardizes our own future, but also the
future of others.

PRAYER:
  Father, humble and correct me gently. I know I am weak and not
where I want to be spiritually. Mature me with your Spirit and
correct me with your Word, your shepherds, and your discipline.
Make my influence a blessing to those you have placed around me. In
Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If this blog has brought you nearer to God, please leave a comment. Share this blog to your friends too.