Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Linea flower

  

The Linea (Linnaea) Flower

  

The Linea flower, half the size of a Daisy, is hidden away in remote and seemingly insignificant places of the earth where few people ever pass to discover its beauty or inhale its magnificent fragrance.

 

 

 

Do you feel God has given you an insignificant role or put you in a remote, hidden place?  Consider these words from Frank Boreham as he discovers the Linea flower while hiking in a remote region…

“Again and again I held it near my face; enjoying the perfume…I looked up and thanked God for this tiny flower, so insignificant, growing in a wild, almost untrodden forest, yet bringing cheer and refreshment to me. I thought, why is it so obscure, when it is a flower with such fragrance, and surely worthy of a place in the most stately grounds?  I learned a lesson by it—I thought, ‘if I cannot be a tall pine in God’s forest, I may be a tiny flower to send forth the fragrance of Jesus in a world of so much sadness.’”

You may not be one of those great pine trees growing in his forest of God’s grace that many eyes can see; you are like the Linea flower, planted by God in a seemingly insignificant place, to bless others, to renew the weary, to strengthen the weak, to lift the discouraged, and to refresh those in need of encouragement as they continue on to follow the Lord.

Let the beauty of the Lord our God be upon us. Psalm 90:17 NKJV 

 

Have a blessed day!!

Sheeba

No comments:

Post a Comment

If this blog has brought you nearer to God, please leave a comment. Share this blog to your friends too.