Thursday, July 2, 2009

Today's Verse


VERSE:
  Unless the LORD builds the house, its builders labor in vain.
Unless the LORD watches over the city, the watchmen stand guard in
vain.

   -- Psalm 127:1
      

THOUGHT:
  "It's all up to you!" That's the prevailing mindset for high
achievers in our world. But it is wrong. Our efforts to build and
be a part of something great are ultimately in vain if the Lord
doesn't bless them. They may flourish for a time under our intense
efforts, but if the plans and the construction of great things are
not from the Lord, they will not stand the test of time.

PRAYER:
  Almighty God and Eternal Father, forgive me for trying to make
everything happen by my own efforts and relentless work. You can do
far more to advance my work for your kingdom than all my worry and
fretfulness could ever do. Please take the lead in every aspect of
my life; defeat me in efforts not in harmony with your will and
please empower those efforts which will bring you glory and others
closer to your grace. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

If this blog has brought you nearer to God, please leave a comment. Share this blog to your friends too.