Monday, April 27, 2009

Today's Verse

VERSE:
He will not let your foot slip -- he who watches over you will not slumber; ....
-- Psalm 121:3


THOUGHT:
I still remember when my children were little. I would sneak in
and watch them sleep. Sometimes it was to check on them when they
were sick. Sometimes it was to just sit and pray for them, joining
the Lord as he watched over them while they slept. Sometimes it was
to bathe myself in the grace and wonder of God's love for giving me
such blessings. Even now that they are much older, I still love to
look in on them and pray for them -- on those rare nights we share
the same roof -- marveling at the wonder of these precious gifts
from the Father. To know that my Abba Father looks at me in the
same way, but with even greater delight and joy, fills me with
unspeakable wonder.

PRAYER:
Each day as I awake from sleep, I pray that you my soul will
safely keep. May I live within your care, always knowing you are
there. Thank you for your grace and love, and for Jesus now above,
who shares with you my every care, and intercedes for me in prayer.
In Jesus name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If this blog has brought you nearer to God, please leave a comment. Share this blog to your friends too.