Wednesday, August 4, 2010

My Precious Pearl !


Jesus - my Pearl..

 


Matthew 13:46
 "Again, the Kingdom of Heaven is like unto a merchant man, seeking
goodly pearls: Who, when he had found one pearl of great price, went
 and sold all that he had, and bought it."

I heard my son loudly studying for his scripture exams; the question was "Why did the man sell all his property? The answer was
"because he wanted to purchase the Pearl." The next question "Who is that Pearl" and the answer was "Jesus".

As I heard him learning this lesson, I was listening to it with tears flowing down my cheek. Suddenly my son turned, when he found me crying he asked "mummy, why are you crying? I asked him, "Joshua, would you give up everything to buy that precious pearl Jesus?" It was too deep a question to ask a 7 year old boy. He said 'yes,' I guess to please me; the future would answer that question.

That was an awesome verse in chapter thirteen of the book of Mathew ! The merchant loved that Pearl so much that nothing was going to stop him from buying it for himself! When I was young I dreamt of finding buried treasure. Part of the reason was that it was exciting, but the other reason was that I wanted money to become rich. But ONE DAY my priority changed, when I found this wonderful Pearl Jesus! He knocked me down, made me surrender my ALL, in order to keep Him locked up in my Heart. I walked out of "everything" to serve My Lord. Glory to Jesus!

Dear people, how much do you love Jesus? How much are you ready to sacrifice for this Pearl who gave Himself for you?

It is 12.30 midnight as I write this! I want to stir some fire in you! I am sick of watching people run behind Position, Prestige, Promotion, Prosperity, Pomp and Power; when would someone run crazily behind the Precious PEARL JESUS?
I received an email from a 28 year old engineer asking, " I want to have more revelations from the Bible, please guide me on this. I want to spend strictly four hours a day with God, tell me, I want to be on my knees and put the devil to shame." I can feel the heart beat of this child racing to spiritually grow stronger in the Lord. She is one of my fruits in the ministry. I am looking for young people who would write to me and say, "teach me to stay awake and pray", "I am taking three days off just to be on plain tea and bread and be with the Lord", " I am planning to join the Lord's army, guide me", " I am planning to get all the names of the countries around the world and pray for one whole week, please guide me." I am waiting for these kind of prayer requests! Are you there?

Now listen, this merchant that Jesus talks about, is already in possession of some fine pearls. It is obvious that he was not satisfied with what he already had; he was on a search for some
"goodly pearls" says the scripture. Are you satisfied with where you are in your life? Some are satisfied with 15 minutes of prayer, some are happy with not touching the Bible at all and shamelessly call themselves as Christians. Wake up from your slumber to seek more of God in your life.

Edison had to dream of electric light before he could invent it, Alexander Graham Bell had to dream of the telephone before he could invent the telephone. I wonder how many nights this merchant dreamt of that "perfect pearl" before it became a reality for him.

Today, I throw a challenge! Are you crazy enough, mad enough and deeply in love enough with Jesus, as to give up your everything to get Him in your life?
....Ponder !!!!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

If this blog has brought you nearer to God, please leave a comment. Share this blog to your friends too.