Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Does Your Heart Still Ache?


Does Your Heart Still Ache?

 

A woman whose only son had died went to a holy man and asked, "What powers do you have that will lift the ache from my heart?" He said, "There is a wonderful thing you can do. But first you must bring me a mustard seed from a family that has no problems." The woman went immediately to a beautiful mansion, thinking, "Nothing can possibly be wrong here!" She knocked the door and said, "I have to find a mustard seed from a home where there are no problems. It's very important to me. May I have one of your mustard seeds?" The people said to her, "Oh, you have come to the wrong house." They began listing all their problems. The woman thought, "I certainly know something about few problems. May be I can help them." She listened, consoled and comforted. At every home in the town the same thing happened. Finally, she returned to the holy man and said, "I did not find the seed you wanted. Instead, I gave away all the seeds of love I could give." "And does your heart still ache?" asked the holy man. "No," she said but then she added with a smile, "but I'm thinking of growing some mustard seed and letting it go to seed."

 

Whatever you think you are on the outside, you likely are on the inside. The next time you feel like complaining, remember that your garbage disposal probably eats better than 30% of the people in this world. Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have. Hebrews 13:5


No comments:

Post a Comment

If this blog has brought you nearer to God, please leave a comment. Share this blog to your friends too.