Friday, January 14, 2011

King David – Hero of faith

But David said to Saul, "… Your servant has killed both the lion and the bear; this uncircumcised Philistine will be like one of them, because he has defied the armies of the living God. The Lord who delivered me from the paw of the lion and the paw of the bear will deliver me from the hand of this Philistine." (1 Samuel 17:34-37 NIV).

There are times when the trials, tests, and tribulations of life can seem too overwhelming for us to maintain our spiritual confidence. As we are hard-pressed on every side, we might even wonder how we can hold on to our confidence in the Lord at all. But as the Lord said to me during one particularly difficult trial, "Like David, remember the lions and the bears."

You never fail me, Lord. You never let me down. Help me to remember the lions and the bears of my own life, Father, that I may obey You in working out my own salvation and build up my confident trust in You again. In this world are many trials, tests, and tribulation, but You have overcome the world, Lord. No weapon formed against me shall prosper because greater are You in me then he who is in the world. Thank you, Abba, for guiding my eyes away from the problems and steering them once again to focus on Your promises, in Jesus' name, amen. So do not throw away this confident trust in the Lord.

Remember the great reward it brings you! Patient endurance is what you need now, so that you will continue to do God's will. Then you will receive all that he has promised. (Hebrews 10:35, 36 NLT)

No comments:

Post a Comment

If this blog has brought you nearer to God, please leave a comment. Share this blog to your friends too.