Saturday, October 10, 2009

A broken heart the price to pay………

A broken heart the price to pay………

 

How much can the human heart endure?
According to the world, only time can cure
A broken heart, a crushed spirit,
If only I had followed You I never would have been in it.

Instead of obeying the instructions You gave,
I became part of the world and nurtured my sinful ways.
I gave in to the enticement of sin,
Knowing full-well that I alone could never win.

Now I deal with emotional pain,
Because of a sinful worldly game.
I'm hurt and confused! I don't know what to do,
All because I went my way and turned my back on You.

My heart is shattered, the pain is real,
Words can't express the way I feel.
My life was messed up for so many reasons,
The biggest one being spiritual treason.

I followed the world; I turned away,
A broken heart the price to pay.
I turned back to Your ways,
I took heed to Your words.

My pain and confusion You've taken away,
Now I serve You forever, as my one and only LORD.

 

Promise for the Day: The righteous person faces many troubles,
      but the Lord comes to the rescue each time. (NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment

If this blog has brought you nearer to God, please leave a comment. Share this blog to your friends too.