Thursday, August 20, 2009

The Lord said

The Lord said to her, "My dear Martha, you are worried and upset over all these details! There is only one thing worth being concerned about. Mary has discovered it, and it will not be taken away from her."

 

---Luke 10:41-42 (New Living Translation)


 

Dearest Abba, Father, You are the King of kings. You alone are worthy to be praised and served. You deserve my undivided attention. But my life is truly on overload. There are so many things going on which demand my attention pulling me into all directions. All these things take my mind and heart away from You. I am so confused, frustrated, and misdirected. I come to You on my knees, seeking Your undying patience and help. Free me up from the cares of this world. Lighten my financial burden. Calm my heart and free me up my time so that I can concentrate on things concerning You. Help me remember that my life and well being is Your responsibility and You are forever leading me toward Your promise. Abba, I ask Your direction in all matters of my life. Make order out of my disorderly life. Help me let go of things that have no eternal value and focus on things that please You dearly. By the power of the precious blood of Jesus Christ, I pray. Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

If this blog has brought you nearer to God, please leave a comment. Share this blog to your friends too.